Wii Hacks

        

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wii Mote Drivers for Linux

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.devel/9659

From: Andy Spencer
Subject: WiiMote driver
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.bluez.devel
Date: 2006-11-16 07:39:00 GMT

I've been thinking about purchasing a WiiMote when they become
available in order to start working on a linux mouse driver for it.
Since it communicates using bluetooth this seems to be the most
appropriate place to do development. Anyway, I've never done much with
bluetooth or drivers before so I'm going at this as a bit of a
learning project. If anyone else is interested let me know. I'll be
reading though source code, but if anyone has any suggestions about
where to start or what documentation to check out let me know that as
well.

I would LOVE to see this happen. It is a great remote. It has a nice weight to it, and the buttons are easy to get to. To be able to use it as a pointer in linux would be fantastic!

Subscribe to the Nintendo Wii Hacks Blog RSS Feed

Also see:
PSP Hacks
PS3 Hacks
Zune Hacks
iPhone Hacks
Apple TV Hacks