It's good to see the Japanese have started to hack their Wii's already! Well, wii-motes anyway...
Hirolog posted this Wii-Mote Application for OSX which allows you to control and monitor several features of the Wii-Mote using OSX. There is also a mouse mode, but the calibration of my wii-mote must be different because my mouse pointer keeps going to the bottom left corner of the screen when it's active.
More Info From Hirolog:
- DarwiinRemote is a tiny software which reads data from and sends data to Nintendo Wii Remote
- 3-axis acceleration sensors
- all buttons except power button on/off
- 4 LEDs
- Force Feedback
- DarwiinRemote makes us control other applications by using Wii Remote
- but now only supports "AppleRemote" mode...
UPDATE: 12/10/06 - DarwiinRemote 0.3 is released!! This version supports IR sensor and motion sensor calibration. Enjoy!
New Project Page:
Also, from our new Japanese friends, here is another Japanese Wii Hacking Website which has similar software for Windows called WiinRemote.
Get it here: